Monday, August 13, 2007










You know, sometimes I wonder if life will ever get easier. There are some days where I think I have it fantastic, but others I just want to lay down, and cry. There have been days that I have done just that.

How do you deal with the loss of a brother? And especially when it's one serving in Iraq, killed by the same people he's trying to help liberate. It's almost been two months since we heard the news, and it still hasn't sunk in. We went to Arlington National Cemetary to bury him, and even after seeing his flag draped coffin, I can't believe he's gone. Just like that. The idea that one you love can be there one minute, and gone the next makes me physically ill.

Today I took my mom in for blood work. We found out last year that she had a coupe of tumors in her uterous that needed to be removed, but for reasons I can't remember right now, she never had it done. She finally called the specialist she'd been talking to, and they have scheduled a pre-op appointment for tomorrow afternoon. Since she can't drive right now, I am the lucky one that gets to take her. She refuses to tell my father, because he was one of the reasons she didn't get this taken care of earlier, until she needs to be taken to surgery Wednesday morning. My parents aren't the greatest example of what a marriage should be. Obviously. She has charged me not to tell anyone, and ready to explode with the news and the need to get my feelings out, here I am, at a blog I haven't visited for months. Sorry about that by the way my blog. I am a neglectful person. I've taken to writing in a journal when I need to vent. It's handy actually, since the internet isn't always there for me when I need it. Back to my story. What will I do if something goes wrong? If these tumors are malignant and I loose another person I love. I am still dealing with the death of my brother, who, concequintly, was followed not 24 hours later by my great- grandmother. It's confusing...

Well, I need to go, work calls and what can they do without their only supervisor... Hopefully they find someone else to fill the job! Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers