Thursday, January 08, 2009

Addictionnoun -the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

This is me. Addicted to Facebook, and most of all, the Scramble game on Facebook. I haven't managed a very high score yet, only #2 out of my friends, but everyday, that's where you will find me, trying to make enough three letter words to get more than 131 points. That's a lot of three letter words by the way. Sometimes there is an -s, so then a lot of those three letter words can become four letter words. And if there's an -ed, five letter words sometimes! It's amazing how the english language works! Every once in awhile I will get lucky and stumble upon a larger word, quite out of the blue. Pure entertainment I tell you.

I'm also addicted to a new book series by Sharon Shinn. Yes, it's fantasy! Who knew? The only fantasy books I've read before have been the green rider and... that's all I can think of! I'm sure I've read one or two more, but...? So, there it is, my deep dark secret. I'm becoming a fantasy fanatic and country music is starting to appeal to me again. What is this world coming to? A blessed end I hope! And the sooner the better I think. Am I morbid for saying that? No, we don't have enough adventure today... Just lame addictions that make our lives boring and predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers